Sunday 6 March 2016

Background

Starting in mid-November 2015 .... we went out for the day in our small fishing boat, and a couple of days later, I had a severe cough and sore throat, and started to have problems urinating. I visited our local GP practice, where the female Arabic doctor diagnosed acute bronchitis and an allergy to oranges.
After a 5 day course of antibiotics, my sore throat and constant coughing started to ease up, and my bladder no longer felt full the whole time.

About a month later, the same symptoms reappeared. Another visit to our local GP practice, where I saw the male Indian doctor - he diagnosed acute bronchitis and an allergy to sand and dust. After another 5 day course of antibiotics, my sore throat and constant coughing started to ease up, and my bladder no longer felt full the whole time.

Another month later (mid-January 2016), and the same symptoms reappeared yet again. After another 5 day course of antibiotics, my sore throat and constant coughing started to ease up, and my bladder no longer felt full the whole time.

Another month later (mid-February 2016), the same symptoms reappeared yet again. However, this time, my urine retention was much more serious. My bladder felt permanently full again, but only a few drops of urine (sometimes up to half a cup full) would come out whenever I went to the toilet.

Since it was obvious that the two local GPs had no idea, I checked which hospitals I was covered to visit under my health insurance, and made an appointment at one of these hospitals for a checkup.

No comments:

Post a Comment