Sunday 6 March 2016

Third hospital visit (Saturday 27th February 2016)

Saudi German Hospital phoned me at 8:30 am, saying that my health insurance had authorised the cystology and biopsy operation, so I needed to visit immediately to discuss this further.

After being informed by Dr. Hossan that the operation was scheduled for Monday 29th February, I had a meeting with the Anesthetist, and was informed that I would only receive an epidural / spinal anesthetic, so I would be awake during the operation.

Just before we left the hospital, further blood samples were taken.

THOUGHTS

I didn't know what was involved in a cystology and biopsy, so I didn't like the idea of being awake whilst the surgeons were digging around inside of me. The Anesthetist said that if I insisted, I could be sedated after the epidural , so would effectively sleep though the operation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment